Discover how Oxford’s team provided trainers to 17 countries within a two-week period.
Our client required a partner to help lead and execute Organizational Change Management (OCM) as part of their global SAP software implementation. The scope required 40,000 users in 60 different countries to simultaneously begin system use without negative impact to the various business units and functions. Specific goals of the program included:
- Creation of training and classroom materials needed to deliver end user training for over 9,000 users
- Deployment of global training resources within two weeks, successfully addressing all visa, logistics, and travel needs
- Seamless transition of Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific users to the new system
- Cost effective mobile training teams deployable as needed to specific regions and sites
- Availability of local language resources with localization experience
- Knowledge transfer of training and documents to site level super users in order to ensure readiness and ancillary training post go-live
A comprehensive OCM Implementation Plan and Training Program were developed in close collaboration with our client’s strategic stakeholders. Critical to the success of the engagement was the development of a global resource plan/strategy to ramp up and deploy training resources to sites worldwide. Leveraging our global reach and vast network, we successfully on-boarded and deployed 118 SAP trainers proficient in 14 SAP modules at training locations in 17 countries with 12 different languages within a two week period. Additional highlights of the solution included:
- Emphasis on a “Train the Trainer” approach for classroom training and workshops delivered to power users globally
- Creating and enhancing uPerform™, PowerPoint™, and Word™ training materials
- Developing quick reference guides
- Forward-looking dashboard to help reduce travel costs
- Nine months of post go-live training and readiness support
We delivered a large team of specialized resources as needed as well as all training and training material necessary for a successful, on-time, and on-budget go-live. By using a forward-looking dashboard and scheduling process to deploy local trainers, client expenses for travel were reduced by 50%. We also shielded the client from visa processes and travel complications involved with using resources at 17 worldwide locations. Our collaborative approach, high-level responsiveness, and close integration with the client’s business unit and power users resulted in our client engaging us further for advanced user training.