QA and Testing
Our client, one of the largest airlines in the U.S., was undertaking a project to deliver an application upgrade and data migration for disparate legacy applications into a common technology platform to enable a new mission critical production operations system. Our client needed to replace twelve (12) teams operating in an Agile environment and an underperforming Scrum team. This project was a critical component in the initial phase one production deployment as part of a five-year transition.
Upon understanding the project requirements, our Agile Team, made up of a Scrum Master, Business Analyst, Technical Lead, three Developers and two Quality Analysts, provided the following core project activities:
- Coordinated with multiple teams from the business, client’s technology organizations, testing organization, third party software vendors, accounting and financial areas, operations groups and client PMO to produce enhancements
- Provided software development for feature changes to the existing application code base
- Prepared plans and product backlogs for Sprints during development phase and subsequently created release plans as the project transitioned into preproduction support
- Performed functional, performance and volume testing for the legacy application changes using historical data and new test data
- Collaborated with client quality management group to support automation and system-wide certification testing
- Transitioned software development work from a third party
- Transitioned production support activities to a new third party
The project completed all features early with the highest quality resulting in minimal defects and issues, which were resolved in subsequent maintenance releases. Our client recognized our Agile Team members with individual awards for their outstanding work, tireless dedication to the project, ability to see the big picture and assemble everything together, receiving praise from business users and client upper management. Client management expressed appreciation that the work the team delivered would help better position the company to move into the future.