Location: Columbus, Ohio , US, 43215
The project manager will be responsible for adhering to project management governance on multiple current and future projects. Additionally, the PM will be accountable for generating project schedules, identifying/staffing needed resourcing, completing the procurement of vendor products / implementation services, and submitting funding requests as required. The PM will manage the delivery efforts and report status of each to the Executive Steering Committee.
The PM will work with multiple business and platform areas including Information Technology, Medicaid, Child Welfare, and other areas of the Department of Human Services (DHS) potentially including upper level state government committees. The Project Manager will conduct project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis, ensuring adherence to quality standards and project deliverables.
The PM will be part of a PMO team responsible for all aspects of IT project governance, assessment, management and control. The ability to gather and define requirements; build a project plan; identifying resource needs; and transparent, clear communications across all levels of stakeholders. Essential is the ability to multi-task on continually changing and morphing priorities as prescribed by leadership in response to department and legislative direction.
- Ability to work within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting)
- Ability to interact with, educate, learn from, and drive business and IT teams
- Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
- Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to gather and organize multiple simultaneous complex business process scenarios
- Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items, sequenced appropriately
- Ability to manage scope creep with a focus on delivering a minimum viable product
- Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to project team
- Escalate issues to management and/or appropriate leadership as appropriate
- Provide insight and knowledge into improving processes related to portfolio, project and program management
- Demonstrates experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives
- Demonstrates experience managing multiple parallel work efforts
Hourly Rate: 51-66
Oxford is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oxford will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. Oxford is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.Apply Now