Technical Support Specialist
Location: Bristol, Indiana , US, 46507
Maximizes computer system capabilities by studying technical applications; making recommendations.
- Evaluate system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
- Evaluate expansions or enhancements by studying work load and capacity of computer system.
- Achieve computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action.
- Confirm program objectives and specifications by testing new programs; comparing programs with established standards; making modifications.
- Improve existing programs by reviewing objectives and specifications; evaluating proposed changes; recommending changes; making modifications.
- Evaluate vendor-supplied software by studying user objectives; testing software compatibility with existing hardware and programs.
- Place software into production by loading software into computer; entering necessary commands.
- Place hardware into production by establishing connections; entering necessary commands.
- Maximize use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions.
- Maintain system capability by testing computer components.
- Prepare reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintain historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
- Maintain client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Problem Solving
- Presenting Technical Information
- Process Improvement
- Software Maintenance
- Software Testing
- Network Design and Implementation
- Load Balancing and Scalability
- Vendor Relationships
- Software Performance Tuning
- Network Performance Tuning
- Database Performance Tuning
Hourly Rate: 23.375-30.25
Oxford is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oxford will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. Oxford is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.Apply Now